22 August 2011

Bad, bad blogger

Okay, so I'm new to the blogging thing. But I'm definitely not new to the 'journaling' thing. And, to be honest, I've always been a good 'starter' and really, really bad at seeing it through. When I look back over journals I've kept over the years there is a definite pattern. I generally start enthusiatically, writing every day and slowly it simmers down and then I'm only writing once every six months! I promised myself this would not happen on this blog - and here I am repeating the pattern! Urg!

The reason I don't want to let that happen here is mainly because I'm not keeping any form of a journal any more and there is SO much happening every day with my baby boy. I'm terrified that I'm going to forget the little things...well, actually, I know I'm going to forget them. I have to try my best to keep this blog going - even if I only write once a week (more would be better though) - so I have these extremely special moments recorded forever...for no one else but myself probably...but still. Okay pep talk to self over.

We're bordering on the eight-month mark (holy hell!) and the little man is just getting cuter and cuter by the day. Seriously, I can't believe how much fun we are having with him. He smiles all time. All mommy and daddy (and nanny Maureen) have to do is look at him and smile and we always get the biggest, cutest grin back. It's awesome.
I'm loving every moment of this montherhood gig - and even when I'm so tired I can barely see straight and I'm rocking him to sleep at 2am - I have to stop and thank my lucky stars. I keep asking myself, "how did I get so lucky?"

No comments:

Post a Comment