29 August 2011

Happy 8-month birthday to the most beaaaautiful baby boy ever born. Ever. Yes, ever.

I had an interesting conversation with a friend this week, about how every mother and father thinks that their child is just the cutest thing ever to walk (or crawl ... or simply rock back and forth at this point for Mr N) the face of the earth! I mean, take me for instance. I know, beyond a shadow of doubt, that my kid is cute. And I know this because ... well, hello:


But in all seriousness I can't help but giggle at the sentiment that all parents think their children are beautiful. I mean we all know that not all kids are good looking ...

The friend I was chatting to had mentioned that he and his wife had bumped into someone they knew at the Baby Expo that morning - and she'd recently had a baby. He said he absolutely hated to admit it, but the minute they walked away he turned to his wife and said "what a strange looking baby" and she completely agreed! And I know I've felt that way too at times about babies I've seen. They aren't ugly - how can they be - but some babies just aren't exactly boootiful ... Of  course their parents clearly think they are. I guess somehow that overwhelming love you feel for your mini human the minute they enter the world completely overshadows any and all rational thought - and you just know that you've never seen anyone more perfect. Love is blind they say.

Of course, not in my case, because...well...just refer to the above image for confirmation of my 8-MONTH-OLD's bootifullness...

Eight months. I can't believe how time has flown and how much my boy has changed in this time. And how much I've changed. As I went through the motions of feeding, bathing, dressing, giving him his bottle and putting N down last night I couldn't help but think of how much my life has changed in the last year. From the early days of breast feeding every 2 to 3 hours throughout the night (and wondering if I would ever sleep again), to now watching him as he sits perfectly by himself and now tries (although still quite unsuccessfully) to rock forward onto his hands and knees in an attempt to move...

We are enjoying him so much at the moment. He is such a smiley, happy baby and just loves his mommy and daddy and sisters so much. And we couldn't love him more if we tried.

Eight months ago today my life changed forever...and I couldn't be more grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment