10 February 2012

I'm sorry

I'm sorry I couldn't take you to the beach one last time.

What I would give to sit beside you on a bench and watch the waves crash.

I'm sorry I chose to live so far away from you, because it meant missing out on every day stuff like being able to pop around for a cup of coffee or doing our grocery shopping together...

What I would give to do those boring, every day things with you now.

I'm sorry I didn't start trying to have a baby sooner, so you could have met at least one of your grandchildren...

What I would give to see you holding him ~ playing with him ~ looking at him...

I'm sorry I couldn't get you into a warm bubble bath one more time like you so badly wanted.

What I would give to sit beside the bath and chat to you like we used to...

I'm sorry I wasn't there to stop that nurse from hurting you.

What I would give to be able to erase that day from your life completely.

I'm sorry I couldn't take away all the pills, pipes and needles that you hated so much...

What I would give to have had you pain-free and at your happiest in those last few days.

I'm sorry I couldn't save you.

What I would give just to hear your voice and feel your arms around me today.

What I would give...

No comments:

Post a Comment